Marriage License Application
- Michigan residents must apply in the county of residence of one of the applicants. If both parties are from out-of-state, you must apply in the county where the marriage will take place.
- If one of the applicants is a Chippewa County resident and the other is not, the Chippewa County resident must apply.
- Both applicants must be 18 years of age. Applicants 16-17 years of age must have parental consent.
|Chippewa County Resident
Valid drivers license with correct address OR
Valid state identification card with correct address
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR BOTH APPLICANTS:
- Full names
- Date of birth
- Birth certificates
- City and state of birth
- Current address – including the county of residence
- Number of times previously married
- Both parents full names – including mother’s maiden name
- Parents state of birth
- Social security number
- If either applicant has been previously married, a copy of the Judgment of Divorce from the most recent divorce (for each party) or death certificate (if applicable), must be presented
One of the applicants must be present to apply.
- There is a three day waiting period after the application is completed before you can pick up your license
- Your marriage license is valid for thirty-three (33) days from the date of application.
- The waiting period may be waived by the County Clerk for good and sufficient cause. There will be an additional fee if the waiver is granted.
Please contact our office at (906) 635-6300 if you have further questions.